In the Matara town, in the southern part of the city, the star fort is located about 100 meters north of the Nilwala River, Nilwala River. C. This archaeological monument was constructed in 1763, when it was designated as “Reduce Van Eck Fort”.
Years. The Star Fort was started in 1763 AD. Work has been completed in 1765. Orukhme Muhandiram, the regional ruler in the Dutch areas, was in charge of the construction. This fort was erected under the Governor Rideut Van.
According to the architectural plan in the Star Fort.